The Engineer IV acts as the senior technical member on project teams and works with the Project Manager to help assess requirements, design software solutions to business problems, and oversee a team of developers who implement those designs. The Engineer IV is fluent in the Java and/or .NET Framework and programming languages, as well as, relational database designs and solutions utilizing SQL server. The Engineer IV manages most technical aspects during the software development lifecycle including system enhancements, testing, implementation, and auditing, and acts as a point of escalation for complex technical problem solving. Typically requires 6 to 9 years progressive development experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and debugs code in multiple areas of the Company’s offerings including components and/or FAST 8x. Performs complex design activities on applications software some of which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides detailed customer support to internal and external customers; proactively solves issues from the customer’s perspective by effectively communicating issues, potential solutions, and results to appropriate levels and escalates appropriate issues to the correct level(s) in a timely manner.
- Researches and understands the requirements for software applications including: environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues. Makes recommendation regarding new technologies and development tools.
- Researches development and QA issues, implementing solutions by involving appropriate parties.
- Develop code approximately 50% of the time – hands-on role.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or relevant work experience.
- Five (5) to nine (9) plus year’s prior experience in software design and/or support.
- Demonstrated success leading and managing development efforts.
- Expert technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design, and implementation.
- Five (5) years demonstrated expertise in Java and/or C#.NET design, development and implementation.
- Five (5) years demonstrated expertise designing database applications.
- Complete understanding of automated testing using NUnit or similar frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience with common version control tracking tools.
- Demonstrated excellence with design skills in a multi-product and multiple environments.
- Expert research, analysis, project planning and implementation required. Knowledge of the AGILE development process essential.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills. Communicates issues before those issues impact project plans.
Equipment and Applications
PCs, spreadsheets and various other software applications used as required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment.
- Considerable stress may occur at times.
- Travel required.
- Expected to work an average of 45 hours per week.
If you believe you meet the qualifications above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer